If you want your Nighthawk router to work effectively, then you must keep its firmware up-to-date. But, what if you stuck while updating the firmware of your Nighthawk router? Need not to worry! This firmware update failed error can be due to a number of reasons. Be it incorrect Netgear router login details or downloaded the wrong firmware file. No matter what is stopping you from performing the firmware update process, the tips mentioned in this post will surely help you fix the issue. Keep reading this 3-minute read post!
Fixed: Firmware Update Stuck Issue
Fix 1: Verify the Cable Connection
Before taking you through any advance troubleshooting tip, we suggest you check the cable connection between your Nighthawk router and modem first. There are chances – the Ethernet cable connecting your devices is worn out or damaged from somewhere and that is giving you firmware update stuck issues. In that case, we suggest you to replace the Ethernet cable right away and try reconnecting your devices.
Fix 2: Relocate Your Router
It is recommended that you place your Nighthawk router while keeping the below-mentioned points into consideration:
- The center-most location in your home: This is one of the best places to place your Nighthawk router. Moreover, the more higher you place your Nighthawk router the better WiFi signals you receive.
- Inside a cabinet: This is the worst location for your Nighthawk router, as you don’t be able to access the internet on your connected devices, neither set it up nor update its firmware. Also, it is suggested – avoid placing your Netgear Nighthawk router under a table, back of your PC, etc.
- Near to windows: If you do so, then your router’s WiFi signals with interfere with your neighbors WiFi, resulting in poor performance of your device.
Fix 3: Follow the Correct Steps
Are you following the correct steps for updating the Nighthawk router firmware? Confused? Need not to worry! Go through the steps highlighted below and update your router’s firmware to the latest version.
- First things first, ensure that your Netgear Nighthawk router and modem are receiving enough power supply from their respective wall outlet.
- Once you are sure, open your desktop or laptop. The drivers/ software of your device must be up-to-date.
- Now, in the address bar field of your web browser, type routerlogin.net, and press Enter. If you are getting routerlogin.net not working issues, then log in to your Netgear Nighthawk router using its default IP. Additionally, we suggest – avoid using the browser’s search bar and typos while entering the router’s default web or the IP address.
- You will be taken to Netgear Nighthawk setup page.
- Fill in the default Netgear router login details into the required fields and click Log In.
- Netgear Genie smart setup wizard will appear.
- Navigate to the Settings menu of your Nighthawk device.
- Click Administration.
- Select Firmware Update.
- Follow the instructions provided on-screen in exact given order and get the latest firmware version updated on your Netgear Nighthawk router.
Bear in mind – if you follow the firmware update instructions patiently, you will surely able to update your Netgear Nighthawk router to the latest version.
Are you able to update the firmware of your Nighthawk router? No? Perhaps your current modem is not working well. And if you want to fix router and modem-related issue, then add a Netgear cable modem to your Nighthawk extender. We suggest you do it and see the difference yourself.
Our post to fix Netgear Nighthawk router firmware update stuck issue ends here. Here’s to hope that after following the tips listed above you will be able to fix the issue you were encountering with. Just in case, you get the same issue, don’t hesitate to lay all your issues into the comments section.