Netgear extender setup is the first step to perform if you have purchased a Netgear extender for your home. With the installation of the WiFi device, it becomes super easy to turn dead zones into fun zones and enjoy the internet in every nook and cranny of your house. Well, if you don’t know how to do Netgear WiFi extender setup, then luckily you have stumbled upon the right post.
Here, in this article, we’ll explain various methods to perform Netgear extender setup in a hassle-free manner. Let’s get started!
How to do Netgear extender setup using Manual Method?
To get success with the process, you need to first have access to the following things:
- An Ethernet cable
- High-speed Internet
- Default web address and login details of your extender
- A working power socket
- And of course, your Netgear extender
As soon as you get access to all these things, you can start with the Netgear extender setup process using the Netgear Installation Assistant.
- Start by installing the antennas of your extender (if given).
- Once done, connect your range extender to the existing router with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- Time to power up the extender! For this, plug in your extender to a working power socket and set the power button to the on position.
- Wait for a while and let the power LED light on your Netgear range extender turn into green color.
- Now, open a web browser on your device.
Note 1: Make sure you select a device that is free of virus or malicious infections.
Note 2: The web browser you are planning to launch must be updated to the latest software version. Besides, it must not be loaded with the junk of cache and cookies.
- Type mywifiext.net into the address field of the web browser you recently launched and press the Enter key. Make sure you don’t commit any typing mistakes while entering the web address into its respective field.
- Netgear Genie login page will come into view.
- Fill in your username and password and hit Log In.
- Completion of the login process will take you to the dashboard of your Netgear WiFi range extender.
- Reaching the dashboard, navigate to Settings and locate the WiFi networks available.
- A list of available WiFi network options will reveal on your computer’s screen.
- From that, select the WiFi network you want to expand by doing the Netgear extender setup.
- Done? Great! Now, some more instructions will reveal on your screen.
- By following all of them in the same order, you can complete the setup process of your Netgear extender.
- The moment you get the Congratulations message on your screen, unplug your extender and locate it to the place of your choice or where you need WiFi signals the most.
Connect your client devices to the network of your Netgear extender and you’re all set for enjoying the internet.
Netgear Extender Setup via Nighthawk App
If mywifiext.net is not working for you, then you can use the Nighthawk app to make your extender up and running. For this:
- Download the Netgear Nighthawk app on your smartphone.
- FYI, the app is available for both iOS and Android devices. So, you can get it as per the availability of your device.
- Once done with downloading and installing the app, launch it.
- Log in to your extender using the same credentials you have used for creating a Netgear account.
- Settings of your extender will reveal on the app interface of your device.
- Follow all the prompts and complete the configuration process of your Netgear extender.
This is not all! You can set up your device also using the WPS button. Here’s how:
Netgear Extender Setup via WPS
This method is applicable for execution only if both your extender and router support the availability of the WPS button.
- Start by plugging your extender into a power socket and then turning the power button on.
- As soon as you find the Power LED on your extender has turned green, press the WPS button on your extender.
- Now, press the WPS button on your existing router.
Let both the devices get synced.
That’s it! This is how you can make your Netgear extender operational using the WPS button.
Here ends our guide on how to set up Netgear WiFi range extender using various methods. Let us know in the comments, which method worked the best in your case.