Netgear WiFi Extender Setup – A Step-by-step Tutorial
Netgear WiFi range extender is the first choice – not only of internet lovers but for every user across the globe. With its advanced technology and powerful capability to connect more than 5-6 devices at the same time – Netgear WiFi range extender have grabbed many eye-balls around the world. But at times, 50% of extender users face issues during Netgear WiFi extender setup.
If you are also among them and have a question in mind that how to perform Netgear WiFi extender setup process, then luckily – you’ve jumped at the right post. All you need to do is follow the Netgear WiFi extender setup steps listed below in exact given order and make the most out of your device in no time. Let’s take the plunge!
Steps for Netgear WiFi Extender Setup
Step 1: Plug in your Netgear WiFi range extender first. Ensure that the extender’s wall socket isn’t damaged or fluctuated.
Step 2: Please wait for a short while. Let the power LED on your become lit and green. If the LED is blinking for longer than expected, wait till it gets stable.
Step 3: Connect your current router to the Netgear WiFi range extender wirelessly or using an Ethernet source. Ensure that both extender and router are placed in close proximity and at the center-most location in your home. Also, the devices must be placed away from neighboring or public WiFi.
Step 4: Launch any web browser of your choice. For this, you have to open a laptop or computer.
Step 5: Once done, enter mywifiext.net or 192.168.1.250 IP into the browser’s URL bar. To avoid mywifiext or IP not working issues, do not enter them into the search bar of the internet browser.
Step 6: Press the Enter key. Doing so will redirect you to the Netgear Genie smart setup page.
Step 7: Now, enter the default Netgear extender login credentials into the given fields. If you have changed them, use them. Else, be ready to experience Netgear extender login issues.
Step 8: Hit on Log In or OK. Once you’re done, follow the on-screen instructions to finish the Netgear WiFi extender setup process.
That’s it! Now, you are free to connect your wired and wireless devices to the new extended WiFi network and start enjoying internet to the fullest in every corner of your house.
Here’s to hope that you would now be able to perform Netgear WiFi extender setup process without any hassle? In the event that you are facing setup-related issues, consider the following points.
- Ensure that you are following the correct Netgear WiFi extender setup steps.
- After Netgear extender configuration, ensure that your extender and the router are not placed too closer. Doing so can clash the router and the extender’s WiFi signals and might give you issues while accessing the internet.
- Make sure that the firmware of your Netgear WiFi range extender is up-to-date. If not, navigate to Netgear Genie smart setup page using the extender’s default IP or the web address and follow the on-screen instructions to update the Netgear device firmware to the latest version.
- Provide a steady power supply to your Netgear WiFi range extender. Do not place the extender and router behind curtains, windows, doors or anything. Also, ensure to place then openly on a higher and ventilated area.
- Make sure that you are on an active internet plan. Contact your internet service provider regarding the same.
- Make sure that you have the correct extender login credentials to access the Netgear Genie smart setup page.
Still the same? Well, chances are that your current router is not working well and not compatible with your Netgear WiFi range extender. And if you want to make your devices compatible and perform the Netgear WiFi extender setup process without any ado, add a Netgear router to the WiFi range extender. Simply perform router setup using the default routerlogin-net admin details and make the most out of your WiFi network and range extender.
The Bottom Line
By following the aforementioned steps correctly will help you perform Netgear WiFi extender setup process and take your internet experience to the next level without any hassle. In case of any assistance, feel free to drop us a line into the comments section.