If you’re fed up with the excess skin and wrinkles in your neck and jaw line, then you can look out for neck lift surgery. It is a surgical procedure that helps in shaping the appearance of the neck, removing wrinkles and other scars in your neck that may have bothered you for a long time.There are several procedures that take place during the surgery but can anyone go for it? Here you will know.
What is a Neck lift surgery?
Cirugía de estiramiento de cuello is generally performed to improve the neck areas like jaw line, scales, or scars. It is medically termed as lower rhytidectomy or submental lipectomy. This procedure helps to make your face look more beautiful and appealing by removing excess skin, fat, and scales around the jaw line which helps in creating a more defined and youthful-looking neck.
Procedures required for the surgery
- Removal of excess skin (cervicoplasty)
- Removal or modification of neck muscles (platysmaplasty)
- Liposuction to remove excess fat
- Botox injections to treat bloating or “striking”
- Kybella injection to remove excess fat from under the chin
- Other neck lift techniques include lasers, ultrasound and RF machines, intense pulsed light, and fillers.
Can anyone go through this surgery?
It might be a good escape from getting rid of your neck issues by getting this procedure but not everyone can avail for this, as you need to be medically fit to go through it. A medical examination is done before applying for the procedure to make sure you are fit for this surgery because it can be dangerous if you’re not a good fit for it. It can lead to long-term allergies and infections which might even make your neck look worse than before! Make sure you go through a proper medical assessment before going for this surgery.
Steps to be done during a neck lift surgery
After going through a medical examination from your personal doctor, medicines and supplements will be further discussed taking account of your overall health. Taking notes of realistic approaches is very important as it can risky if not careful.
The following procedures are to be done during this surgery:
- Turkey wattle: This is highly recommended as an essential step for your neck. This includes making an incision under the chin or behind the ear, or both, to look for a neck muscle called the platysma. If you have excess muscle, it will be removed. An endoscopic camera is used to perform this procedure. Further discussion with your doctor will be necessary about the type of anesthesia that is best for your comfort. A person can have general anesthesia if they want to sleep during surgery.
- Liposuction: Your surgeon will make a small incision under your chin and remove excess fat from your neck. It is important that you understand and follow your doctor’s instructions for proper suturing and dressing care.
- Remove excess skin on the neck: Your surgeon cuts a section of skin and removes it by securing it with tissue glue or sutures. This takes about two to four hours, depending on the complexity of your procedure. Again, your type of anesthesia depends on your personal comfort.
How much does the operation cost?
The cost of a neck lift will depend on the experience of the doctor, the scope of the procedure, and the location you are going to. Of course, moving to another country for surgery can be expensive.
Cost of lifting the door may include:
- Anesthesia costs
- Hospital or surgical facility costs
- Medical check up
- Clothes after surgery
- Prescriptions for medicines
- Doctor’s fees