Accounting tasks are primarily handled by QuickBooks for small and medium-sized businesses. Easy to use, this software tracks finances, manages sales and helps to create invoices. QuickBooks Desktop provides many features that enhance the productivity of businesses.
The software, QuickBooks Desktop, runs into trouble, after all, it is software. A common complaint is that QuickBooks Desktop refuses to open or won’t start. Despite the fact that this problem can affect the business operations of an organization, it can be easily fixed with the steps below.
What Causes QuickBooks Desktop Doesn’t Start Error?
As outlined below, there are several reasons why QuickBooks won’t open.
- The name of the company is extremely long
- There is a problem with the disk drive
- An installation of QuickBooks Desktop has disappeared
- Missing or damaged QBWUSER.INI
- The operating system is out of date
Symptoms of QuickBooks Won’t Open error
- A software freeze occurs.
- QuickBooks won’t open the company file.
- Slow performance of Windows
- From time to time, the computer hangs.
- Mouse and keyboard are very slow to respond on the computer
How to Solve QuickBooks Desktop doesn’t start or won’t open errors?
You can easily resolve this problem with QuickBooks, and below are some solutions. Our QuickBooks support team is always available to help you resolve these errors quickly if you need professional assistance.
Solution 1: Close QBW32.exe process
- To get started, select the “Start Task Manager” option by right-clicking on the “Windows taskbar” in the system.
- To arrange the processes alphabetically, click on the “Process tab” and then on the “Image Name” header.
- Choose “EXE” from the list.
- After closing the “exe process” click on “End Process”
Solution 2: Renaming the QBWUSER.ini. file
- If you are unable to locate an ini file in the folder, you might want to enable hidden folders and files.
- Select “Rename” after clicking on the “QBWUSER.ini.file” once the folder is located.
- After completing this step, type “Insert.old” in the last file name.
- Now rename “ecml.file”. Renaming the file should resolve the problem if QuickBooks works.
Solution 3: Suppress QuickBooks Desktop Installation
- Select QuickBooks Desktop from the right-click menu.
- Select “Open” by holding down the “CTRL key”. While holding the “Ctrl key,” open the “No Company Open” window.
- Launch QuickBooks Desktop now.
Solution 4: Use QuickBooks Tool Hub
It’s just a minor issue for the dynamic QuickBooks tool hub when QuickBooks won’t open. When nothing else works, many users opt for this tool. See below for details on how you can download QuickBooks tool hub version 184.108.40.206.
- Closing QuickBooks is the first step.
- Try downloading the QuickBooks tool hub.
- You should save the downloaded file in a location where you can easily locate it.
- Using QuickBooksToolHub.exe, open it as if it was saved.
- You may see a window with instructions.
- Each should be conducted according to the guidelines.
- On the Terms and Conditions, click the “I agree” button.
- The installation is now complete.
- You need to choose any of the preferred tools from the tool hub to carry out the troubleshooting.
Thanks for reading this article. I hope it helps you to fix your problem. To get instant accounting help from the best U.S based accounting experts, contact our Quickbooks Advisor.
Also Read- Safest Ways to Invest in Bitcoin