To look flawless, it is very much important to take care of our skin. Eating healthy, having a good lifestyle, using the right products etc helps in keeping our skin in good condition. When we enter our 20s, it is the right time to jump into skincare. Though it is very important to know your skin type and then choose the product. Also, as many products are available in the market, it gets difficult to choose amongst them. Know that, if you are facing any severe skin condition like acne, open pores etc, it is always recommended to consult a dermatologist. If you are thinking about starting a skincare routine, make sure to go through the active ingredients and choose one which you think your skin needs.
One of the main skincare products is face serums. Face serums are used for nourishing, protecting and hydrating your skin. It is used after cleansing but before using moisturizer. This has lately become the favorite skincare product of many people because it deeply gets into your skin and does its magic. It is not of a thick consistency, so it gets into your skin very easily. You just need a small amount of it on your palm and you have to pat the product onto your skin. The face serum has active molecules which potentially penetrate into the skin for optimum effectiveness. Also, many people have experienced that after using face serums they have seen effective results in very little time. The best part of the face serums is that it does not create any layer on the skin as it directly goes into the skin and do its magic, unlike thick moisturizers. There are many serums available in the market which is helpful for dullness, fine lines, acne scars, pigmentation, open pores etc.
Following are the different types of serums you can use depending upon the skin issue you are facing:
- Anti-ageing serum- It helps in collagen production which leads to skin regeneration. These serums usually include retinol which helps in tightening and nourishing the skin.
- Skin brightening serum- Skin brightening serums helps in eliminating dull skin as its active ingredients are vitamin c, glycolic acid, hyaluronic acid, lactic acid and much more. These active ingredients directly help in clearing and brightening the skin.
- Hydrating serums- These serums are useful for nourishing the skin making it plump, fresh and young. If you have dry skin, this one will work great for you. Also, using this under makeup will also give you an amazing glow and will retain your makeup for hours.
- Free-radical fighting serums- It helps in combating the damage from free radicals as it includes vitamin A, C and E. It helps in keeping the skin healthy and glowing all day long.
- Acne serums- If you are facing acne issues, serums containing niacinamide or salicylic acid will help in soothing down the acne condition. It will dive into your skin and vanish the acne deeply. This will also help in minimizing the irritation and will calm your sensitive skin.
- Skin texture serums- Depending upon your skin type like if your skin releases excessive sebum, you can choose the serum which will help in controlling it. If you have dry skin, it will remove all the dead skin on your face, leaving it healthy.
So you should choose the serums depending upon your skin type. Just go through the ingredient list or know the active ingredients of the face serum. For best results, you can use it once or twice a day after you are done with cleansing and toning. Following are some of the benefits of using face serums:
- Absorbs quickly- As the formula is very light, the face serum will get easily absorbed into the skin. As it absorbs easily, you will see the results in very little time. It won’t create a layer on the skin and end up leaving your skin healthy and nourished.
- Soothes sensitive skin- Many people with sensitive skin face problems while choosing the skin care products as most of the products cause irritation. There are many face serums for sensitive skin in the market. The active ingredients in those serums will calm your skin and will help in reducing acne and acne scars.
- Improves the skin texture- It has helped many people facing fine lines, wrinkles etc. It helps in building collagen which helps in building the face cells. This helps the skin to grow good.
- Reduces skin damage- As we travel, we face pollution outside. With the help of face serum, we can protect our skin from damage. With the help of serums like vitamin C, glycolic acid, retinol, vitamin E etc, we can build a protective layer through which the UV rays cannot enter the skin. Pollution is a major cause of dead skin but this can be avoided if face serum is used once or twice a day.
- Quick results- As compared to the other skincare products, face serum has the capability to show results quicker. As it has active ingredients, the results will be much far better than the other skincare products.
- Lightweight- As already said these easily absorb into the skin, it is because of its light formula. Just after pat application, the serum will automatically penetrate into your skin without leaving your skin heavy or greasy.
So above are the benefits of using a face serum. Make sure to use it after cleanser and toner. Though toner is not necessary but some do. After applying face serum, you can do for a sleeping mask or any moisture which suits your skin. Make sure to select the best face serum for yourself. Always know about the active ingredients and know what they actually work for and then choose. You can easily get all the information online. Many brands provide online assistance while choosing the skin care product if you are in any confusion. Tell them the skin issues you are facing and you are good to go.