Nowadays, science has progressed a lot and all fruits are available in any season. But their flavor is increased tenfold if you eat the right fruit at the right time. Today we are going to talk about a particular fruit of the winter season, known by many names: guava, amrude, jam, etc. Yes, this pale green fruit has many properties and is a good source of vitamin C. Its main characteristic is that it is affordable. That’s why it is also known as the “poor man’s apple”, and surprisingly, its leaves, in addition to guava, prevent many diseases.
So here are some of the benefits of guava fruit.
- Eye benefits: if you suffer from glaucoma, swollen eyes or dry eyes, you’ll be glad you did. Guava is rich in vitamin A, which is very good for the eyes.
- Rich in vitamin C: Did you know that guava contains four times more vitamin C than an orange? Thus, the vitamins in guava help strengthen the body’s immune system and fight cancer.
- Helps with weight loss – Weight gain is currently the biggest problem. Protein and vitamins are present in abundance in guava. Regular consumption of guava helps in controlling the cholesterol level. Therefore, including this fruit in your daily diet can help you lose weight.
- Benefits for diabetics – Guava is very helpful for people suffering from diabetes. The fiber in guava helps to increase the amount of insulin in the body and helps the body to absorb sugar on its own. Guava is very helpful for patients with type 2 diabetes. These patients should eat at least two guavas a day.
Guava leaves are also very useful and some of their uses are listed below.
- Guava leaves prevent the body from making sugar from starch, which prevents weight gain. To lose weight, one can take a spoonful of guava leaf powder with water.
- The juice of guava leaves lowers the cholesterol level in the body and protects against many diseases.
- If you have tooth and gum pain, you can prepare a paste of guava leaves and apply it on your teeth and gums to get relief.
- If you have acne on your face, you can apply a paste of guava leaves on your face.
Best Guava juices are loved by many people and have many benefits. Here you will learn how to make delicious guava juice.
Ingredients needed to make guava juice
- 2 full-sized guavas.
- 1 teaspoon of ginger
- Black pepper (4-5)
- Lemon juice (2-3 tablespoons)
- Black salt (to taste)
- Half a glass of water
Ingredients for the preparation of guava juice
Guava juice recipe
To prepare the guava juice, grind all the ingredients mentioned above and add lemon juice. Then filter the juice through a sieve. The guava juice is ready to use. You can also prepare a paste without adding water and store it in the refrigerator for a few days to use as needed. After reading about the many health benefits of guava, you may have realized that guava is not only packed with flavor, but also with nutritional benefits.