Are you having a hard time because your Netgear WiFi extender is not working up to the mark? Well, performing factory default reset can bring you luck? This post will provide you with a step-by-step guide to reset your Netgear wireless range extender. But before we hop up to the guide to restore the extender to the factory default settings, let’s have a look at the prerequisites to do that. Continue reading.
Prerequisites to Reset Netgear WiFi Extender
- Locate a working wall plug in your home to power up your Netgear range extender.
- If your area suffers power outages a lot, get access to a UPS and use it to ensure a fluctuation-free power supply to the extender.
- Ensure that there is no connection between your Netgear extender and router.
- Consider backing up the existing WiFi settings so that after the reset process you can perform new extender setup with ease.
- Make sure that your Netgear wireless range extender is placed away from interference devices, corners, concrete walls, reflexive surfaces, and objects containing a large quantity of water.
After fulfilling the aforementioned prerequisites, let’s head over to the process of resetting your Netgear wireless extender.
How to Reset Netgear Wireless Range Extender?
You can restore your Netgear range extender to factory default settings either using the Hard Reset Method or the Soft Reset method. Let’s discuss both methods individually.
How to Soft Reset Netgear Range Extender?
Soft Reset of the Netgear WiFi range extender can be performed by accessing the BASIC Home screen. Given below are the instructions you need to follow while resetting your Netgear range extender via the Soft Reset Method:
- Plug your Netgear wireless extender into the working wall outlet and ensure that it is receiving a continuous power supply.
- Now, get access to your PC or a laptop and open a web browser on it.
- Consider updating the web browser before doing anything else. Also, clear its cookies, cache, and browsing history.
- Now, head over to the URL bar of the web browser and type www.mywifiext.net into it.
- Press the Enter key to reach the Netgear administrative page.
- Now, enter the default user ID and passphrase of your Netgear range extender into the required fields and hit Log In.
- Hitting the Log In button will get you redirected to the BASIC Home screen.
- Thereafter, go to the Settings section and find the Reset option.
- Click the Yes button to confirm the selection and let your Netgear extender reset properly.
In this way, you can restore your Netgear range extender to the factory default mode using the Soft Reset method. Now, let us shed light on the steps to reset the Netgear WiFi extender using the Hard Reset method.
How to Hard Reset Netgear Extender?
You can opt for the Hard Reset method if you want things to happen in an instant. In this method, you need to physically press the Reset button on your WiFi device. Let us find out how.
- Ensure that your Netgear range extender is plugged into a wall socket.
- Once ensured, start finding the Reset button on your extender.
- The moment you find the Reset button, grab a paper clip or a pin (whatever you prefer to use).
- Use it to press the button carefully.
- Hold your horses until and unless the Netgear extender does not get restored to the factory default settings.
In this manner, you can restore your Netgear range extender to the factory default mode via the Hard Reset method.
No matter which method you choose to reset your WiFi extender, you have to perform Netgear range extender setup again.
How to Set Up Netgear Extender?
- Connect your Netgear extender to the existing router using a wired or a wireless source.
- Access the Netgear extender login page using the default web address.
- Log in to your range extender by providing the default admin details.
- As soon as you reach the Netgear extender setup wizard, you will see a few prompts on the screen.
- Walk through those prompts to complete the configuration of your Netgear extender.
And you’re done! Your Netgear extender is all set to provide you with a lag-free internet connection.
Our guide to reset the Netgear range extender comes to an end here. Hopefully, the aforementioned steps will help you restore your Netgear range extender to the factory default mode in a hassle-free manner.